Monday, September 13, 2010

September 13, 2010

The memorial service yesterday was a real celebration and recognition of Cathy’s life in Connecticut. There were musicians involved from the four music groups that Cathy played with. It was great. There was a time where there was an open microphone for people to share their stories. I found the open microphone time difficult but I was not surprised with the stories. Cathy touched so many people with her kind, soft spoken style. She listened to us. She supported us and we will very much miss her. Through the course of the day, I felt surrounded by good friends, Christ centered music, beautiful dalais, great food and dark chocolate. These were all things Cathy loved.


I appreciate all of the support you have given me over the last few months. I don’t know what I would have done without it. Now, like reading a book, I close this chapter of my life and, today, begin a new one. I don’t know what my ‘new normal’ will turn out to be. Cathy and I always looked forward in life to the next adventure. The next chapter will be written one day at a time and I’ll again be looking for the adventure and humor in life.

God bless you all.

Dan

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fond Memories of Cathy will remain forever. It is inspirational that Cathy had helped so many people.

Take one day at a time and the healing process will begin.

Take Care.
Jayne.

Anonymous said...

Dan,
You continue to be in our hearts and prayers. Take care of yourself. Jack and Sally Harris

Kathy and Joe said...

Dan, Joe and I have a favorite Bible promise, Deut 31:8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you;he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. It has been a comfort to us in all our moves and life changes. Our prayers are with you.

T. Jordan said...

It sounds like the service went well. It is nice to know so many people cared for both Cathy and you.

Keep the good memories alive...

Take care.

Unknown said...

Hi Dan--Chuck and I have been praying for you every day yet. We can't imagine what you're going through. Yet we have God's promises that He's with us and will go with us. Again--sorry that we weren't able to see you at the funeral. Chuck and Laurie Brink

Linda Champion said...

Dan, I've been thinking of you as you have made your way through all the celebrations of Cathy. Christy and I had a nice visit Saturday. Now take a breath and begin to heal. Hope to see you on your next trip to Minnesota. I will keep all of you in my prayers. Linda

Liz said...

Dan, thanks for keeping us posted - it was very comforting to be kept up to date on everything. I am glad the services were all so heartfelt and wish I could have been there to celebrate Cathy's life with you and yours. Best wishes as you enter this new chapter. As many people who were touched by Cathy, equally many have been touched by you! May you always walk with friends.