Thursday, September 2, 2010

September 2, 2010

We completed our road trip to Michigan last night and got a decent night sleep.


As I told you, Cathy had a huge heart for the Nigerian orphans. One area of specific need is an orphanage that Cathy and I visited when we went to Nigeria. We spent some time with the orphans to show them some love and play some games together. They loved to play with the soccer balls and toys we brought. David and Deborah are locals who run the orphanage in a little town called Makurdi about 3 hours drive from Jos. They receive very little outside support and are giving their lives for these kids. They are making a difference to love, feed and educate the kids.

Go Nigeria is the route to support the orphans and they run with very low overhead. We know and have worked with these folks personally. I would ask that, if you would like to make a contribution, use the info below. Please put ‘Meyaard’ on the check or payment

People can make a check payable to Go Nigeria and mail to the address below.

Go Nigeria
1717 Arrow Lane
Garland, TX 75042

Or you can go online to www.gonigeria.org and give via credit card.

Thanks again to all of you for your prayers and expression of support.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan,

I was shocked to hear about the loss of your loving wife. My thoughts are with you and your family. May you find strength in your wonderful memories together.

Thinking of you and your loved ones!!

Michelle Griffenberg

T. Jordan said...

I hope everything goes well tomorrow. I'll gladly honor Cathy's memory and her dedication to others by supporting Go Nigeria.

"Stunned"...that certainly is the appropriate word to describe what many feel.

Unknown said...

Dear Dan
It is with great sadness of heart that I have had to accept I am unable to be with you all in Michigan these coming days.My heart SOOOOOO much wants to be there with you all but the practicalities of time and travel have just not come together for me +:-(. If Cathy had been detained by red tape for another day or two I could possibly have made it but thankfully she is now with you and her family -(wrapped in a beautiful bow of love and care) so that you can be together for this week-end and say your next round of goodbyes. Jenison is unfortunately a long hitch-hike from both Detroit and Chicago....So I will continue to journey and be with you in spirit and look forward to an open door to join with you whenever you gather in Connecticut.

Still can't believe it...... Sandxxxx:-( Love and hugs to you all.

Anonymous said...

Dear Dan,
I just opened my email and got the announcement from Walnut Hill.I then went to your blog and read the info. What a shock ! Please know that Jack and I will be praying for you and your family.
May God give you His peace and keep you strong.
With love from Wilma and Jack DeKorne

Unknown said...

Dear Dan and family,
Cathy was such an important part of my life when we were kids. Her gentleness wasn't so evident then - she was a bit of a wild child so exuberant..so fun. I will miss knowing Cathy is here in the physical world with us but feel blessed that she will be watching out for all of us with her angel wisdom.
Dianne Wilbur Thole

Linda Champion said...

Dear Dan and Family,
Hopefully Tim made the trip okay and joined all of you. We will support GO Nigeria in Cathy's memory. I will be thinking of you as you struggle through this difficult day.
Love Linda

Unknown said...

Dan and family,
I am so sorry to hear that you have lost Cathy--so quickly. I remember only her joy and zest for helping others. May our Lord strengthen and comfort you and the children throughout the memorial and following days.
Love,
Carol Recht